For those of you who use herbs and nutraceuticals to improve the health of yourself and family, you are aware of the stringent guidelines associated with these items. With herbs in particular, any study done that might show a small increase in toxicity of the liver, etc. after an inordinate amount of an extract of the herb is force-fed to rates, will validate the FDA issuing a warning that the particular herb is toxic and sales of that herb can no longer state for internal use.
Forgetting about the drive of Big Pharma to limit its competition in the health field, let’s just say that the regulating agencies are concerned about the health of the population and choose to err on the side of caution when it comes to safety.
With that in mind, one must inquire as to why these same principles do not apply when regulating agencies consider the risk of RF radiation emitted by Cell Phones.
The American Cancer Society dedicates a page of their website to FAQs on Cell Phone use and Cancer. A quick perusal of the page shows a substantial amount of evidence from countless international studies that are compelling enough to alert regulating agencies that there is certainly ‘smoke’ when it comes to Cell Phone use and Cancer. As the old adage proclaims, where there is smoke there is fire.
Here are just a few of the studies listed that show enough potential danger to revisit the safety standards in regards to Cell Phone use, if not declare the use of Cell Phones as potentially carcinogenic,
- “Some scientists have reported that the RF waves from cell phones produce effects in human cells (in lab dishes) that might possibly help tumors grow.” This conclusion was from a Lab Study of human cells in a petri dish exposed to RF radiation.
- “In the meantime, a recent small study in people has shown that cell phones may have some effects on the brain, although it’s not clear if they’re harmful. The study found that when people had an active cell phone held up to their ear for 50 minutes, brain tissues on the same side of the head as the phone used more glucose than did tissues on the other side of the brain.” It is known that Cancer cells have a different metabolism than healthy cells. An increase in glucose usage of cells in tissues exposed to RF radiation could be seen as an earmark for the growth of both benign and malignant brain tumors.
- “…several studies published by the same research group in Sweden have reported an increased risk of tumors on the side of the head where the cell phone was held, particularly with 10 or more years of use.”
- “There was a suggestion of a possible increased risk of glioma, and a smaller suggestion of an increased risk of meningioma, in the 10% of people who used their cell phones the most.”
- “One case-control study looking at children and teens did not find a significant link to brain tumors…”
The American Cancer Society’s FAQs concludes that there is simply not enough evidence pointing to a health threat and quotes the FDA on Cell Phone use:
“The majority of studies published have failed to show an association between exposure to radiofrequency from a cell phone and health problems.”
In the lieu of the evidence documented from studies, if Cell Phones were an herb or Vitamin C, we would probably no longer have access to them.